Sunday, April 7, 2013

my opinion

I'm getting good at keeping it to myself. I really don't like to argue. Don't much enjoy confrontation.

Nose piercings, belly piercings, eyebrow piercings? Strictly a personal decision. I have an opinion, and I'm free to voice it, at the risk of offending people about something that doesn't matter. It doesn't speak to character or morality.

Tattoos is the same thing. Now if your tattoos are offensive words or contain nudity, that's another story. We try to protect what our children see but then they see it tatted on your arm in Walmart that's offensive. But again, your body, your choice.

How you educate your children is also your choice. If you choose private school or home school for your children it doesn't mean you love them more or care more about their education than the public school parents. It just means you have different opinions (and more options) than other parents. I know good and bad about public, private and home school. You do what's best for you and your family and I will respect that. However, when your children screw up (and they will) please be prepared to take full responsibility for it, you can't even blame it on bad influences from school. (just kidding!)

I hear on a regular basis how bad running is for me and that I'm crazy or insane. Thanks for your opinion. I keep mine to myself, even when I have to do your job while you are at the doctor for chronic health problems because you don't take care of yourself.

There are so many other areas that get a lot of attention and debate that are more heated and serious.

Abortion.

Equal marriage.

The death penalty.

I just want to say that a difference of opinion is no cause for hate. It doesn't mean I don't like you, I'm uneducated, judgmental or hateful. It just means different.

I try to live this. Really do. Not always easy. In fact, it's hard to love everyone. It's hard not to be heated about things you believe when others disagree. But ultimately, I'm getting good at holding my tongue. Really good. It's been a lot of years in the making, but I have made progress. Not because I don't have something to say. Not because I'm scared I'm wrong. Not because I hate anyone. Just because if it's being used to tear down and not to build up, then I want to keep it in.

But....

there's always room for improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment