Saturday, September 28, 2013

Of senior pictures, college applications, races, detox and anniversary plans

I have so much to talk about. Work has been crazy since June, but I finally feel under control with all the new stuff I was given and the increased work load, so I will be catching up with my "online journaling". Our new motto at work seems to be "to do less with more until we are doing everything with nobody".

Anyway, FAFSAs done, college applications to two first choice local colleges done, second ACT scheduled, transcripts sent, countdown in place (12 weeks to go).

Senior pictures taken by the always awesome Melissa Dinsmore, friend extraordinaire from Newspring, we have another session scheduled in casual clothes with Belle. Ought to be fun. Here are my top three (I think) favorite pictures.

I signed up for a 5K next week, Rosstoberfest 5K. Rosstoberfest benefits Muscular Dystrophy. Ross of Rosstoberfest was the manager of the Heights baseball team Nate's senior year of high school. Nate has volunteered to help at the race. In honor of Ross. Running with the sweetest lady on earth, Meredith Gannon. We ran the color me rad 5K together in April, cold and rainy. Guess what? In a startlingly expected turn of events, the high on Saturday is going to be 66 degrees. Which means a much cooler start to the day. But it will be fun!!! Anytime spent with Meredith is fun.

Marquis wants to put together a 21 day detox plan for his clients. But he wants to work on the recipes and a way to add salad, protein, etc. and make it all taste good and I have been volunteered to be his guinea pig and blog about it on his website. You all will be kept up to speed on it as well. Will have to see what happens. Fortunately I can afford to do a 21 day detox after my lack of exercise due to the knee surgery.

My parents 50th wedding anniversary is this December. We are planning a surprise reception. SHHHHH! Don't tell them. They are computer illiterate, and even after all this time, don't know what a blog is and don't know I have one. Anyway, 50 years is a big dang deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment