Wednesday, June 25, 2014

My inner 12 year old

We had a going away dinner at work not to long ago. We are sitting at Scotch and Sirloin next to my boss and and co-workers and they were talking about a television show from the 80's. They said, "Patsy, that was your generation, I bet you watched it", to which I replied my father was a Baptist minister and he believed all the evils of the world entered the house through the television so we hadn't had one growing up.

I got the usual "That explains a lot", laughter, and then a "your dad was right".

Because we didn't have a television, I read a lot. I loved to read, but because we didn't have television, that was elevated to an almost ridiculous level. Add to the fact that it's one of the two things I'm good at, I read faster than average, I went through books. Weekly trips to the library just for me. I read every book in my Christian school library. Twice.

And these were some of my best friends through my late childhood and early teen age years.



I found this tonight at Barnes & Noble. There are 6 volumes. I bought volume 1, only because they only had 1 and 6. 2-5 will be pool reading this summer.

I was giddy on the inside. Calm and collected like a grown up woman on the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment