Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Better Days

I am going to air a little family dirty laundry here and ask for prayer at this holiday season, if everyone would pray for my family even just once as they read this it would be a huge blessing to me. My three stepdaughters are all in one form of trouble or another. The effects this has on my husband and their little sister are beyond words. We all act tough, but it's difficult.
The last two months they have made life brutally difficult, and while we are trying very hard to enjoy the Christmas season, it is work. I know we do realize that at this time of year we celebrate the birth of our Savior, and our hope in Him, that there are better days coming. I've had the words to this song that was sung at our Christmas Eve service previously, Goo Goo Dolls, Better Days rattling in my head all day.
And you asked me what I want this year
and I try to make this kind and clear
just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
cause I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
and designer love and empty things
just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
So take these words and sing out loud
'cause everyone is forgiven now
'cause tonight's the night the world begins again

1 comment:

  1. Life is work - all the time. My prayer list is getting longer and longer today, but I would be happy to lift up your family in prayer.

    Keep your focus on our Savior and let nothing get in the way of that, otherwise the devil wins, even if only for a little while.

    I really like the words to that song - especially "don't need boxes wrapped in strings, designer love and empty things". Oh so true.

    I got my gift - Jesus. And He is my PEACE. Peace which surpasses all understanding.

    God is with you.

    ReplyDelete