Wednesday, December 16, 2009

God was in my running shoes

Today I had a very rough start to my day, only to have God make his presence very well known. First, I overslept. Not good, I woke Steve up at 4:20, 4:30, and 4:40. I woke Nate up at 6:15 for baseball practice. I fell asleep on the couch. When I get up at 8:30, Whit is already 30 minutes late for school, and I have to be at court at 9:30. I grab the first clothes I find which is jeans and a tee shirt and tennis shoes and a hoodie. I get on the highway and instead of taking East 254 towards the school, I turn and take South I35 toward the courthouse. So I get off the highway, back on, and have to run in and sign Whitney in to school. I blast back down the highway, barely pushing the speed limit, knowing I'm cutting it close because I have to park on the 4th floor of the parking garage, (the elevator is out) take the stairs down, travel by foot the one block to the courthouse, get through the metal detector and wait for an elevator to take me to the 9th floor, or run up 9 floors, (which I have done a couple times). I have a plan, I get to the parking garage and a red neon sign says FULL and there are cones blocking the entrance. Parking is hard to come by down town, and the garage is $5.00 a day, but we get validated. So I remember them saying we can park at the city building across the street, so I drive over there and the parking garage is FULL! No way. I manage to find a spot in the parking lot that will be validated, (at this point, I would've just paid and let them reimburse me, but there were no spaces anywhere). It is now 9:26, I am 3 blocks, a metal detector and 9 floors from where I'm supposed to be. I have no desire to draw attention to myself from the judge. I take off at a dead run and realize....this is the only day of jury duty I have worn jeans and tennis shoes. It's the only day I've worn a hoodie of my heavy winter coat, and I even changed purses and was carrying my big purse, so I had thrown my lunch and diet coke in my purse instead of carrying my lunch bag. All the running this past year had me in great shape for my 3 block sprint, I wasn't even winded. I walked into the jury room at 9:31, which was great.
Even on days I'm running late or wear jeans I typically wear heels. I always carry my lunch pail. I would've rather gotten up on time, but God did make sure I was up at 4:20, 4:30, 4:40 and 6:15, I went back to sleep. I am please to say that I found God in my running shoes this morning. He's always very involved in my life, but I love to see him at work, and when he shows himself in the small details, it just has a way of touching me.

No comments:

Post a Comment