Sunday, October 31, 2010

What do I know?

Heard a really good sermon this morning. Grace, and being restored. Passages from Lamentations and Psalms asking God to restore the joy of our salvation. The story of Peter denying Christ (one of my favorites, as I've shared before) and Christ restoring him. The point was made that we need to do what we KNOW is right, not what we FEEL. As Jason talked about sliding away from God, I realized this is probably the one thing in my life I struggle with the most. Letting my feelings get in the way of what I know and that in turn leads to distance from God.
My relationship with Christ is the single most important thing in my life. If I can keep that first, and keep it right, everything else is much easier. Good reminder.

1 comment:

  1. Man, that's good. Simple, but good. And I needed to read it myself this morning.

    ReplyDelete