Saturday, November 19, 2011

Turkey Trot 2011

I ran the two mile today. Toughest race I've ever run. All those darn small moving obstacles (children). There were toddlers that ran the two mile. They were adorable crossing the finish line.

A two mile run is not in itself worth talking about, (except it was fun, I ran it pretty well for only 3 weeks of running, 9 weeks after surgery). But I ran, or at least started the race with these three.
Always a good time. They left me at the start line, but apparently I passed them somewhere around .75 miles. Whitney caught up to me and ran a little ways with me, but when I down shifted to pull the hill, she left me at the mile turn around and finished pretty well for a girl who only runs as punishment for volleyball. She said it didn't feel like 20 minutes, it only felt like 10. It was fun.

Steve and I waited to watch the ten milers finish. All of them. I realized that we were at the start/finish line for a total of two and half hours. Which may seem like a long time to some. I waited longer than that at every aid station of both of Steve's 100 mile races. It's perspective, I guess.

While we waited, Whitney, Denae and Madeline went to the art museum. The children's area. One of the ladies who worked there took pictures of them with her camera too. (With permission).



No comments:

Post a Comment