Sunday, February 21, 2016

Because he loves me

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. Because he loves me.

I'm talking about Jesus. I love him, more and more the older I get, the more I try to know him, the more I find I love him. The more I want to do for him. I'm not qualified or capable to do big things. I don't have a big platform. I'm happy in my anonymity, doing the things I can for those around me. It's surprising when you open your eyes and your heart what you can find to do for others.

I was talking to Steve on the way home from church this morning and I said that I was surprised by myself because I never thought I would be astute enough to recognize when a child needed a hug versus a child that wanted a hug because I hugged another child. That one child needed me to say hi and acknowledge I see him is the same for him as the one that needed three hugs. (I love my Awana Sparkies, I sure get a lot of hugs these days).

A hug doesn't cost me anything. A smile, a high five, a hello. All are free and limitless.

Encouragement is free, and I happen to be friends with someone who gets that, and does it so well. Not just for me, I watch her encourage others and it really is a gift she has. I am working on being more encouraging to others.

So many things/actions/gifts I have to give. And because he loves me, I want to share his love.

No comments:

Post a Comment