Sunday, April 30, 2017

Whatsoever things...

Philippians 4:8 "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

This verse has been rattling around my head for the last couple of days. Mostly because I have been in some conversations that I should've shut down, because they did went against the above guidelines.

One of the things I use to keep from talking about rough times is that "it wouldn't be edifying". I believe that I am supposed to protect my marriage and my family. I do not ever want to put Steve in a bad light, and that means there are issues we've dealt with that do not need to be shared. The chance that they might help others who are in a situation does not outweigh our right (his right) to privacy and mine to protect him.

I believe this for my kids as well.

In this day of social media and multiple ways of vomiting spewing sharing what's going on in your life, it's easy to over share.

I think maybe it's time to protect those we love.

I think it's time to keep things to ourselves that are not edifying.

I think it's time to "think on these things".


No comments:

Post a Comment