Friday, June 28, 2013

no "what ifs"

I heard this phrase come out of a preachers mouth at a funeral this week. In a week that has sucked, and I mean SUCKED
it was good for me to hear. God has everything in his plan. He does. So I have to trust that he can work miracles in lives and situations that I can't.

Just for example, I took a day of vacation from work on Wednesday. Work has been sucking bad too. More about that later.

That day of vacation included a trip to the court house, a trip to the jail, a bail bondsman, a broken wheel axle, a tow truck, a visit to hell the DMV, and above mentioned funeral.

As bad as all that sounds, and it was baaaaadddd, there were two other situations this week that were even worse. Please, don't be jealous, enough misery for us all in this world.

Throw in the torn meniscus so my main stress reliever is painful and I'm about to resort to anti-depressents. All things considered, I'm making it.

Did I say I'm making it? Actually, I'm thriving. Except for that dang knee.

Life is good. It really is. Or should I say God is good. Situations suck, (I'm using that word a lot) but as long as I know he holds my tomorrow, I can be sure there are no "what ifs".

I can look at my past few years and see where he has not left me alone. Not let me down. Provided everything I've needed. From finances, jobs, health, compassion (yep, I know I'm not the most compassionate person), love, patience, kindness, temperance (the things I didn't say shows God can muzzle anyone) and fun. I have a fun life.

Not to brag or show off, but to count my fun blessings, I've been on several long weekend trips with Steve already this year and seen some cool things.

There have been concerts, every movie I want to see, Music Theatre production of Les Miserables this weekend, races and training runs with Sheila. 4 workouts per week with Marquis. (This is FUN)!!!

We go out to dinner with our friends. Double dates and groups. I got to see one of my dearest friends in the world this week that was in town from Indiana. Now if I can figure out how to see the one in California and the one in Massechusetts...

4 of my 5 kids are employed. Just last month, all 5 of them were unemployed. Timing issue, but still, they are all working. My sweet Steve is napping (at 11:00 p.m.) in the recliner. My precious boy Nate is asleep with Belle (she's such a good puppy) in his room. My doll baby Whitney is out with Kelsey, spending money she made at her job on her very own debit card.

I am trying to decide whether or not to go to bed hungry or have a snack. As I have a refrigerator, freezer and cabinets full of food.

So yep, life is good to me.

I will some day read this and be happy I wrote it as a reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment