Saturday, August 3, 2013

I'd take your pain

I had my follow up appointment for my knee.

Neither Steve not I talked to the doctor after my surgery. So I was thinking I had a flap tear cut off the outside my knee. My knee has hurt on the outside, inside, top of the knee and behind. I assumed it was the trauma of the surgery. Physical therapist told me it was weak muscles. I knew it wasn't that.

Today I get pictures and find out that there was the flap tear on the outside cut off. And one on the inside cut off. Also had fraying of the cartilage that was shaved off the top of the kneecap, behind the knee and also on the inside.

I already have better than 80% strength and mobility back.

While it didn't take away pain, knowing the pain should be there made me feel better.

And then Steve told me he wished it was him instead of me. Wishing he could take my pain. That made me feel better too.

No comments:

Post a Comment