Saturday, August 10, 2013

Where does the time go?

Whitney turned 17 years old yesterday. Got her drivers license. Starts her senior year of college. But that's not what I'm talking about.

I didn't blog at all last week. How did that happen?

The only thing I can guess is that work is stupid busy. And I'm pretty shocked at how tired I've been with the knee surgery. I've gone back to working out, the first week I just did core and my physical therapy exercises, the second week (last week) since I'm 80% strength and mobility, I think I'm pretty tough. Turns out no surprise there, I'm never as tough as I think I am. Or I am as tough as I think I am at the moment, but then I pay for it.

Wednesday Marquis had all the college kids he's been training working out with us too, as well as Whitney and Mark (cross country high school junior). 400 meter dashes on the track. I ran the 400 meter dashes distance, but there was no dashing involved. Everyone else though, they moved right along. I did of them, for a total mile. Felt pretty good while I was running and for the rest of the workout. Then came Thursday. My knee hurt, my legs hurt, and I was tired.

Friday was better, so I went and worked out, but limited it quite a bit.

It's been 3 weeks and 2 days. I'm doing extremely good, but I expect I should be well and I'm not. I'm pretty impatient.

So I have decided to train and run the 10 mile turkey trot. Start out really low mileage and take care of myself while I do this.

Now what do I do with my baby turning 17 and starting her senior year of high school?

Here's the going away dinner for the college athletes. Emily left yesterday. Not sure about the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment