Monday, November 4, 2013

Prayer

I always say that when God wants to get me a message I'll hear it twice.


This week I read a blog post that a friend shared. It was prayers for our daughters, taken from the women in the Bible. It was really good. And after I read it, I had a moment (or half an hour).

I spent a lot of time praying for my kids when they were younger. Still do. And right now it appears it was for nothing. As I wallowed in all the time I wasted praying for my kids (I know how ridiculous and untheological and downright critical and appalling to God that is) I decided to really throw a pity party and feel sorry for myself for all my sacrifices and all I have done for those in my family to find out they didn't appreciate all I did and didn't care if they hurt me and "this is how" they paid me back. Yep, God should've taken the lightning in that thunderstorm that day and stood my hair on end. Fortunately, he's merciful.

But I didn't come out of it right away. The next day Nate had an interview. Not the job kind, the kind with detectives and attorneys and will you testify against...etc. I was so nervous and scared for him. I prayed for hours straight. I couldn't eat. And I waited for him to let me know it was over. And he didn't. So finally when I was sure he wasn't with them any more and he wouldn't get in trouble for a text I texted him. It was over, went fine, he would talk to me in person when he got home. The next day when he got home, he simply said it went well and he didn't want to think about it or talk about it.

You can imagine I didn't take it well.

Friday morning I get on facebook (a little back story, I have supplier in Malaysia through work. 11 hour time difference. One morning on a conference call my phone went nuts buzzing almost off the table. Thinking it was Whitney trying to get a hold of me, texting; mom - Mom? MOM! MOMOMOMOM!!!!! I looked at. It was 4 friend requests on facebook. When I check it out, it was my contacts in Malaysia.) I saw this poster.
most of the time I just like their pictures and ignore their posts/posters and go on. Because I don't speak Malay. But for some unexplained reason today I asked Amin what this meant. His words below "Patsy Baker - sometimes we just great because our parents prayers, without their prayers we are nobody"

So after I shed a few tears, I realized that maybe they aren't great - yet. But without a parents prayers? Would they be where they are today?

It never fails to amaze me the ways God can speak to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment