Tuesday, May 13, 2014

An unpopular opinion

I know this isn't the popular opinion.

I just watched a new story about a high school girl who felt something pop in her thigh and her twin sister carried her piggy back style 370 meters of an 800 meter race.

Add to that the story of the Boston Marathon runner that fell down just short of the finish line and other runners carried them across the finish line.

I run races. I have DNF'd a race (did not finish). I have been dead last.

This is my unpopular opinion. If you don't cross the finish line in your own power, you didn't finish the race.

I understand how moving it is to see someone help someone across the finish line. How selfless, how sacrificial.

But...

YOU DIDN'T FINISH.

I think it's great you gave it all you had, and all you had wasn't enough, but there will be another race.

No comments:

Post a Comment