Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Give no opportunity to the devil

This is from the passage Ephesians 4:27

How many times do I give him opportunity? How many times do I open the door wide and say "come on in?"

More than I want, but less than I used to.

When I think about it in the above context, giving him opportunity, I'm ashamed. He has no power over me, I'm a child of God. I'm forgiven, redeemed and beautiful in God's eyes. However, I am a work in progress. Because of this I need to make sure that I am not giving him opportunity.

Depression, dissatisfaction, gossip, slander, apathy, gluttony, greed, all are giving opportunity to the devil. Opening a door and letting him in.

Say only that which is good for building up. Do not grieve the Holy Spirit. Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be PUT AWAY, with all malice (even if they deserve it, lol).

Be

KIND
Tenderhearted
Forgiving

As God in Christ Jesus forgave you.

Shut the door, keep out the devil, as the old spiritual says.

No comments:

Post a Comment