Thursday, July 7, 2016

24 years ago

I've been missing writing. What better day to get back to it than a day that is special to me?

My man child turns 24 today. I love him. I miss him. He moved to Lawrence, Kansas earlier this year.

He is not the man I raised, not on the path I chose for him. He is better. He is his own man, and he is a good man, and in his words, "I like myself, Mom. You should be proud of that."

And I am proud of him.

Seeing him as a self sufficient, productive, happy adult makes me feel like I've accomplished something worth celebrating. So tomorrow, (Friday) we are going to Lawrence to celebrate him, his birthday with him and his girlfriend. I may have went overboard, it looks a little like Christmas, the amount of presents. (They are wrapped in the family tradition of Calvin & Hobbs cartoons.)




No comments:

Post a Comment