Monday, December 27, 2010

Resolution #1

In 2011 I resolve to eat better/healthier. Since Thanksgiving due to holiday and birthday celebrations I have eaten at Cafe Bel Ami, The Anchor (2x), College Hill Deli, Uptown Bistro, On the Border, Taco Shop, Scholtsky's Deli (2x), and Cracker Barrel. Then throw in Thanksgiving dinners, Christmas dinners and desserts, and birthday cake, well, it's been a very fattening month. Add to the fact that I find myself eating a meal that is sugar cookies and fudge (yes, I did have that for dinner one night when no one else was home). There was the piece of pumpkin pie that I did not top with cool whip, I took the half tub of cool whip, no lie, and put the piece of pie in the tub and then ate it. Sugar Babies at the movie theater. All this, and I managed to lose two pounds through the holiday season. HOW??? By Running 116.92 miles in the last five weeks, spending 6 hours on the elliptical, 1 hour on the spin bike (my behind said not to do that again) and 12 core express (abdominal) work outs, totaling 6 hours. I think I ate two salads in the last 5 weeks. So here is to making better food choices going forward. Maybe not better, but definitely healthier.

3 comments:

  1. The biggest difference between you & I is that you managed to get some AWESOME workouts amid all that sugary eating! I've been super bad about my eating habits and my workout routine (or lack thereof) and I am horrified every time I see myself in the mirror. I'm with you on having a much healthier 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW! My stomach almost hurt just reading this post. Congratulations of the workouts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just keep going back to the idea of the pie IN the whipped cream. Awesome idea - although not helpful in my case :) Way to go on losing two pounds anyway!

    ReplyDelete