Wednesday, November 21, 2012

i get by with a little help from my friends

today is sheila's birthday.

everyone needs a friend like sheila.

when i told her i was going to train for a half marathon she didn't laugh or belittle me or say i couldn't do it. she asked for my training plan and ran with me.

that was over 4 yearsago.

last month we ran our 4th half marathon together, (i don't know how many races total we've run together and separate, it's a lot). when i wiped out at mile 13, she came to help me up and check on me to make sure i was okay.


three weeks later when i was at her house we were talking about it and she laughed. describing it. how i was so excited to be finishing. how it looked like slow motion. how i jumped up and kept running. she laughed so hard she couldn't talk.

yep, everyone needs a friend like this.

a friend all in for the crazy stuff, yet compassionate and caring when you're down and ABLE TO LAUGH HER BUTT OFF AT YOUR when it's all said and done.


happy birthday sheila!

No comments:

Post a Comment