Sunday, February 24, 2013

My favorite things

I celebrated my 17th wedding anniversary this weekend. It was a wonderful weekend. Steve asked what I wanted/wanted to do and I told him I wanted something romantic. Realizing romance is different to everyone, I got romance. I got a few of my favorite things with my favorite person.

Steve took me to Kansas City for the weekend. It included a stop in Lawrence for dinner with Nate, always a favorite, shopping at a new mall with stores I'd never visited, a big time sporting event; professional bull riding championships complete with 5 year olds sheep riding called mutton bustin'. Cute as can be.

Dinner at a couple of restaurants I'd never eaten in and church this morning at one in Liberty, Mo.

Happy to be back home in time for snowstorm number two, another 14 inches on the way tonight through Tuesday.

I'm looking forward to year 18. Steve is the man of my dreams, the love of my life.

I thought about a song he sang at Brant and Shawna's wedding. I sat on the front row as he sang "I'll stand by you" as he looked in my eyes where I sat (bawling my eyes out as he sing it for their wedding but sang it to me) I realized that at every time in our lives no matter how rough it was, even when we were fighting against each other and wanted different things when push came to shove he stood by me.

He was in my side. He chose me, our lives, our marriage, our family, me. And I know he loves me. By the grace of God we stand together.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! PBR is a great way to spend an anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete