Tuesday, March 5, 2013

dreams and goals

What's the difference between dreams and goals? I've been thinking about my goals. And I'm a little reluctant to admit that they aren't really anything noteworthy or spectacular.

As per usual, I have races I want to run with the goal of finishing. I started a 9 week workout program a week ago, insanity and I have the goal of doing better in my fit test on day 63 then I did on day 1.

I have a goal of keeping up with my desk at work. Which lately has been a real challenge. If I could speak Chinese it would be easier. Oh well, I'll muddle through. Trying to easy less sweets. Like less than once a day.

These are all things that I can make happen.

Dreams are a little different. I want my kids to be happy and fulfilled. I can't control that. Can't make their decisions. I want Steve's back to be completely healed. He's back to all his old activities, full steam ahead, but still has some pain.

I want to make a difference but I don't know how.

I want to be kind and generous and self sacrificing.
I want people to think their world was better because they knew me.

I'm working on this. Every day.


Trying to build others up, not tear down. See value, not faults.

Seems kind of minor dreams doesn't it. But it's really what I want. To love Jesus and love others. Even the hard people to love. Especially the hard people to love.

1 comment:

  1. You're easy to luv. Glad you're my sis!

    ReplyDelete