Sunday, July 13, 2014

Sin had left a crimson stain

Isaiah 1:18 "Come now, let's settle this," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, I will make them as white as snow. Though they are red like crimson, I will make them as white as wool."

Do you ever have a stain on your clothes you can't remove? I did this morning. Last week I put on a pink tee shirt with my white skirt and then went in the kitchen to start lunch before we left the house. I didn't realize I splashed a little cooking oil on my pink tee shirt till I got home. A week later I grab the pink tee shirt and the oil of course, did not wash out. It was a fairly old tee shirt (which makes it better, more comfortable) and an inexpensive one on top of that, so I tossed it.

At church today the closing song was Jesus Paid it All. Based on the above scripture, the line says "sin had left a crimson stain, he washed it white as snow".

I couldn't help but think about my pink oil stained shirt and that I washed it, but it didn't come clean.

I thought about my sin stains. I don't try to pretend that I wasn't a bad girl. I did a lot of bad things. Sin and I are no stranger to each other. I've always been convicted of it, very aware of it, that's part of my personality and my upbringing. I'm so thankful for the Jesus that washes my stains white as snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment