Tuesday, July 15, 2014

When time flies

I have started training for my October marathon. It's been some rough runs. I expected as much. I ran 10K's five weeks apart with the idea it would jump start my training.

This weekends 10K I was under trained for a July 6.2 mile race in the heat. I've gone that distance, but I've not been doing it well.

My forever faithful sidekick signed up with me (I do the same for her) and signed Marquis up with us. Marquis is the perfect trainer. He's motivational. He's positive and encouraging and outgoing. We had a great time. It went by faster than I'm used to, he never quit talking he cheered on everyone who passed us and encouraged everyone we passed. We got to the last aid station and he said let's run it all the way in. (We had not walked much at that point, but we were running conservatively). So we did. We finished, and this is my favorite picture from the race.


I need him to run every race with time. Time flies!

And so does Mark. This boy got 9th place. He ran the best race of his 18 years, (and the longest). He's been working out with Steve and I for over a year. He's the sweetest.

No comments:

Post a Comment