Monday, March 16, 2015

A Wandering Heart

The last year I have felt like a wanderer more than any other time in my Christian life. Having been a Christian pretty much my entire life, I have a lot of years to compare this to.

This is different than feeling far from God. I haven't felt distant from God, just like I had no direction. Deuteronomy 31:6 "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”

I find great comfort that even when I feel like I'm wandering, God hasn't forsaken me or left me. I wasn't looking for God, or his presence in my life, it was their.

But I still feel like there is more that I should be doing, seeing, I'm not really sure. Or maybe I was just pretty full of myself for a lot of years. I am a work in progress, I definitely have much growing and learning yet to do. Maybe the wandering is what I should be feeling.

I'm going to "enjoy the journey" and keep wandering along, doing my best to follow God.

No comments:

Post a Comment