Friday, January 14, 2011

OneWord 2011

This is something I saw on a blog I like. I'll post the link at the bottom. Instead of resolutions, she picks one word to live her life by. I've thought about this concept for two weeks now, and one word really keeps sticking out to me, so I'm going to focus this year on this one word.

Sounds selfish, right? Not meant that way at all. Background on choosing this word comes from Whitney's volleyball coaches. Her high school coach told her she was a great player, she just needs to work on getting taller. Her club coach/director told her she was a great player, she needs to work on jumping higher, hitting harder and running faster. The things she can control. God will determine how tall she gets. This is Scriptural. The Message - Luke 12:25 "Has anyone by fussing before the mirror ever gotten taller by so much as an inch? If fussing can't even do that, why fuss at all? "
My word is strictly to remind me to take care of the things I can, and leave everything else in God's hands. It goes a little deeper, I can't control my kids, husband and boss' attitude. I can control mine, and the way I respond to them. I can't stop my car from breaking down on the coldest day of the year. I can control how I react. 2011 I will think about ME when something happens, and what is in the ME realm of possibilities, do what I can, what he expects me (and wants) me to do and leave what is in the GOD realm of possibilities to him.
http://www.gritandglory.com/2011/01/05/holy-crap/

2 comments:

  1. oh, wow. very good. My word this year is Consistency. It has a bit of that Me focus too; I need to get done what I can do consistently and let God do what He does.

    ReplyDelete