Monday, January 17, 2011

Yes, that was me.

Standing in the middle of the Y with tears running down my face today. I was listening to my ipod, specific playlists for running, lifting, etc. I also have them separated by secular and christian music. I already worry that the mix of songs on my ipod might make it spontaneously combust, which goes back to my legalistic conservative Baptist upbringing, and I'm afraid following Hillsong or Newsong with Depeche Mode or The Cure might make my head explode. Anyhow, Lance (our former worship pastor) has been gone from Newspring about 2 months. Steve doesn't lead worship as much as he did when Lance was here. Maybe twice since Lance left. So when the song "Stronger" (I know, a little dorky for my weights playlist) sounded in my ears, Steve singing, it was lovely. Second verse "No beginning, and no end, you're my hope, and my defense, you came to seek and save the lost, you paid it all upon the cross." In the way only Lance and Steve can sing together, it had tears running down my cheeks. Some things are hard to let go of, some things are sweet memories, and some you just have to be thankful you got to witness happening and have on CD to preserve it. Made my evening.

3 comments:

  1. I understand the feeling. There's been many times in the gym (not as of late, mind you) that as I listened to worship music it took me to a different place and I'd find myself singing out loud and lifting my hands. Humanity says "You look like a fool" but love for God says "Let everything that has breath praise Him!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were just listening to that CD. I am so thankful to have those to listen to here in Boston. We miss you, very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could put my comment into words--it's here in my heart (I know you can read it there.) "And Mary pondered these things in her heart" becomes a little nearer and dearer. I love you and am thankful for the gatherings in the road God gave us and will give us! -Jenny

    ReplyDelete