Wednesday, December 26, 2012

I choose joy

I haven't blogged as much this month as I normally do. There's been a lot to do and I've just needed to unwind some. Now that I'm off work for 11 days, haven't been running for two weeks and Christmas is over, I find myself bored with some free time.

I have some projects, I cleaned out my closet and organized mine and Steve's. We have way too much running gear and race tee shirts. But I'm keeping them all. I need to get some 75% wrapping paper and name tags for next year. The tree has to stay up till after the 29th when we celebrate Christmas with my brothers and sister in law and nephews. Looking forward to it.

Some highlights of my Christmas:

Nate home for 5 days

Dinner with Jake and Carrie

Every gift I got. Especially my bracelet from Whitney that says "fearless".

Christmas Eve Candlelight service. So low key. So lovely. So in the spirit of Jesus coming and bringing peace. And this sweet thing sitting next to me with her candle singing carols.


Les Miserables on Christmas night with Steve, Whitney and Nate. Steve singing along to all the songs, Whitney saying after "yeah, that's Wolverine and Gladiator" and Nate saying "I've read the book, but I didn't know it was a MUSICAL."

Pumpkin pie

Delivering home made/home baked presents

This was the best Christmas I've had in a long time. Starting to feel that much needed peace in my life. Joy. Not that everything is right, not that things can't be better. Things just are. Life just is. I have Jesus. I have the love of my family and truly wonderful friends. I have a good job that I rather enjoy.


I looke forward to next year, no matter what it brings. God is truly on the throne.

I embrace peace.

I choose joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment