Tuesday, December 18, 2012

give a little bit

Life has been crazy for the last couple weeks. I’ve been moved to a new desk at work, all new accounts and they have not been managed as well as they should have. With all new accounts, suppliers, and co-workers, it’s been a little challenging, but it’s starting to level out. It’s a good move, just not one I would’ve looked for.

Been busier at home trying to get ready for Christmas. In my effort to show love this year I have been trying to be thoughtful and do things that are special. When you open yourself up for this, you find all kinds of ways available.

I have made several Christmas presents. Very cool stuff. I am making cake balls and oreo balls (special request from Whitney’s teachers) for friends and teachers.

Whitney is throwing a baby shower for a friend from school this week (yes, I know how very sad it is that high school students are giving birth) and this is requiring pink cake balls and the most adorable tiny little lime green and pink tutu you’ve ever seen.

I was thinking about some of the stuff I was planning to do for Christmas and then thought about not doing it and then heard a sermon “Secrets of the Wise Men” on Sunday and I’m going to do the things God spoke into my heart. They are not earth changing, they are not expensive. But I’m going to believe if God placed the idea in my head, then it will be well worth the giving. Jeff told a story about a little boy in a third world country that was in school with an American teacher who was explaining the meaning of Christmas and that the gifts represent the greatest gift that was given to us and we give gifts to those we love at this time of year in remembrance of that.

The young boy brought her the most beautiful sea shell, only found at a specific beach 3 miles walk away. She commented on the long walk he had made to get the shell. He told her that the long walk was part of the gift.

I want to recognize "the long walk" that comes with the gifts. It's so easy to overlook the acts of kindness that are done for us behind what we actually see.

I know it’s a sad time of year for so many. I pray the peace of Jesus for everyone who reads this today. I hope you are showered with the peace and love of the gift we are celebrating this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment