Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Two thumbs up

I didn't make resolutions this year. I didn't look back at 2012 and note my favorite and most memorable occasions.

I also never made a list of things I have to be thankful for.

Over the weekend though, I had time to think about all of this because...

I cleaned out my hutch. Found lots of interesting things, but mostly one, I found an old journal from a painful part of my life. I thought about throwing it away once I realized what it was, but instead I opened it and spent an hour reading my thoughts, prayers, and scriptures from 6 of the most awful weeks I have endured.

It was unsettling, but I realized I have been healed.

To put it in perspective, the minor surgery I had on my knee that required 5 stitches the same day I thought my world had been irrevocably shattered is healed, it's whole. There is still a scar. But you have to know it's there to see it. That's my heart. Completely healed, so close to whole you can't tell I'm not.

So in looking back at the year, lots of good things happened. I would give 2012 two thumbs up. I've been so blessed. Given so much.


As far as resolutions, I am making one. When and where I need to make changes, I will do it. Immediately. I will not wait till New Year's Day, Monday, or even tomorrow. When I see something I need to change, I will change it that moment. That's it.



No comments:

Post a Comment