Friday, September 13, 2013

Post knee surgery

I got to run this week!!! Two miles. And it went surprisingly well. Wanted to run more than I did but work has been insane. (Unfortunately they don't consider me getting my feelings hurt a safety concern.) So next week full on training time.

Steve ran it with me, let me walk when I wanted to, pushed me, encouraged me, it was really great to get that first run back under my feet and realize I haven't lost it. At least lost what I actually had.

The last two weeks with Marquis I've been able to go full steam as well. We now work out 5 days a week, and he has once again "taken us to the next level". This one is apparently one step closer to death fitness.

We did one circuit that was pushing the prowler, then suicides, flipping the tire, then more suicides, than hang cleans, and yes, more suicides. There was a time where flipping the tire was suicide. I love his workouts, I love him. He's been a wonderful addition to my life.

I am "training" for a 5K (running with Meredith and Sheila) and then the 10 mile Turkey Trot the Saturday before Thanksgiving. After that, will see what I feel up to. No long term goals right now except to get back to running. Since I was mildly envious of Carrie telling me tonight at dinner about her half marathon this Saturday. She showed me the route, it's all by the river on the bike paths, my favorite place to run in town. Thrilled for her, just wish I was running it too, so yep, half marathon/marathon will be in my 2014. Anyone wanna come along?

Anyway, race weekend for Steve, 100 mile time. I love watching him run, and this is fairly local so I get to see lots of runner friends that I love so I'm looking forward to crewing/cheering and sleeping in the great outdoors. I get to try out my new reclining/rocking lawn chairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment