Friday, April 10, 2009

And even more things I have learned

1. Starbucks is not a food group.  Mary Kate Olsen, put down the latte, pick up a burger already for crying out loud.
2. Some stains will not come out of the carpet.  If you finally get them out, they leave a stain of their own, as the only truly clean spot on the carpet now is the stain.
3. Cell phones should not be washed in the washing machine.
4. I can have ice cream for lunch (Dairy Queen Fudge Brownie Hot Fudge Sundae) and dinner (Cold Stone Sweet Cream with strawberries {notice I said FOR not with}) and stay within my allotted daily calories.  If I add exercise, I can even have a Fudgsicle for breakfast.  I should add to #1 that ice cream is not a food group either.
5. A group of teenage girls will sit in 35 degree weather with 22 mph winds wearing jeans and sweatshirts to watch a group of teenage boys hit a leather bound cork ball with an aluminum bat and run in circles. 
6. Arguing with a teenager is useless.  If the first sentences out of their mouth do not include “I’m sorry.  I was wrong. I won’t do it again”, just tell them they are grounded and be done.  It’s like asking “how old are you” and getting the answer “yellow”.
7. My last “things I have learned” post also included ice cream.  I’m learning I have a problem.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the "laugh until your side hurts and snot is coming out of your nose" moment!!!!! You are so good at writing humor!

    ReplyDelete