Wednesday, July 8, 2009

E-mail me!

This week I have received two disturbing e-mails, (I have received these multiple times in the past). I don’t forward these things, and wish I wasn’t on the receiving end. I don’t only use e-mail for business, I have fun. I found a 2009 St. Louis Cardinals Baseball trivia calendar on clearance for $1 this year and being part of a family of Cardinals fans, I didn’t know who to give it to. So it’s on my desk and first thing every morning I e-mail the question to both my brothers. And if I forget, they ask for it. It is eerie how much useless random knowledge they know about their team. What was my point? Oh, yeah. Got this.

Dear God:
The lady reading this is beautiful, classy and strong, and I love her. Help her live her life to the fullest.
Please promote her and cause her to excel above her expectations. Help her shine in the darkest places where it is impossible to love. Protect her at all times, lift her up when she needs you the most, and let her know when she walks with you, She will always be safe.
Now you're on the clock!!!! In 9 minutes something will make you happy. ;-) But you have to tell 9 sisters you love them, including me. Go!!!!

I much prefer a heart felt prayer, not an e-mail circulation. I also want to somewhat believe that you know Christ on a personal level, and you don’t just think this is cool. Beautiful, classy and strong? Really? Me? Live life to the fullest? Honestly, can’t I just go back to bed? Help her shine in the darkest places where it is impossible to love. If you are praying for me, PRAY I DON’T HAVE TO GO THERE! And the last two sentences, it’s relative to your knowledge and relationship with Christ. I believe God protects me at all times. But I need him the most AT ALL TIMES, there is never a time I don’t need him, and I try to always walk with Him, don’t want to do this life on my own. But I know I may not always be safe, because God is more concerned with my internal character than my external safety or health. And boy has he been sifting and burning me lately (there are Scriptures to back up these references, I’m not really on fire). I do have to say, 9 minutes later, I got a diet coke and that made me happy. (I have low expectations), even though I didn’t tell 9 sisters I love them. But if there are 9 of you that read this? I’ll say it now. I love you guys. I do pray for you. I pray when I post God will bless everyone that stops by and reads it. I usually pray something fairly specific regarding that days post. Like physical strength on my training days. Child rearing wisdom on Whitney days.

The other one was simply this picture


So I get to look forward to losing my job, my family, or the death of one of my children if I don’t hit forward. But if I do, I will win the lottery. Except I have never purchased a lottery ticket. God is not able to be manipulated by a chain e-mail. He cannot be manipulated by anything. So if you really want to send me something in my e-mail tell me you are praying for me, or find something like this. At least I’ll get a laugh.



1 comment:

  1. So true...I am quick to hit the 'delete' button when these arrive. I am even more perturbed by people who send them and live so contrary to God's way of life for each of His children and aren't ashamed to say it. Oh, you want to bless ME? Really? Why not bless yourself and ask Jesus to be in your life?

    I love the cartoon..that's good stuff right there!

    ReplyDelete