Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Love Songs 2

During Newspring's Love Songs sermon series people were allowed to text questions and Pastor Mark answered them at the end of the service. While some were funny, a lot of them really made me sad. The dysfunction showed in these questions couldn't be missed. These were people asking for help and they actually need counseling, it's not issues the pastor can fix from the platform in two minutes.
My son also told me about a friend of his that moved in with a friend and his mom because her parents are getting divorced. She told him that they don't talk to each other and haven't in a long time. She has 3 younger brothers and sisters. How sad for kids growing up in these homes. I know it doesn't mean they will have dysfunctional relationships anymore than saying a kid grows up in a good home is exempt from bad relationships. It just is sad.
I wasn't comparing my marriage to anyone else, but it has made me aware of the pain people are feeling. I want to fix it, but I can't. Only God can fix these and heal these, but I am praying for the ones I specifically know about.
Sorry about the depressing posts. This has just been on my heart for a couple weeks now.

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I have been talking about this too. We live in a society where conflict is taught and resolution is not. Even that funny and sweet video of the couple and their wedding party dancing down the isle now has a 'just kidding' version of their divorce made by someone else and posted on utube! I have a friend going through marriage counseling right now and he wife seems to think its some kind of game and she plays it with finesse. They also have children. While our marriage isn't perfect, it's pretty darn good and it is hard to watch the suffering that is going on. I too wish I could do more to help....

    ReplyDelete