Sunday, October 25, 2009

Week 21

I wasn't going to post anymore about the marathon, but this week trying to recover has been part of the marathon experience, so here is my "bonus" post. I had a horribly swollen right foot and right knee for a couple of days, but when I was ready to give in and go to the doctor, the swelling went down and I have minimal pain, so I didn't go. I think I have plantar fasciitis in my right foot, but icing, anti-inflammatories and stretching are helping a lot, so I think it will be okay. I had this before the marathon, but it only bothers me occasionally, so I can run through it. I was really tired. More so than I expected. I was also ravenously hungry. I thought I was back to normal physically, but went to watch my nephew run cross country yesterday and when I walked back to the car I had to walk up hill and across grass and my legs felt fatigue in a 200 yard walk. So maybe I still have a little resting left to do. I plan on not running till next weekend anyway, so should work okay.

Friday they posted official pictures on the marathon website and as I looked through them I was more emotional than I expected to be. The thing that struck me most was that I looked like I was having a good time. And I did. I thoroughly enjoyed the race, even though I hurt and I was tired. If you want to see pictures, kcmarathon.org and follow the links to pictures, I was bib 1989.

Now I'm going to have to be more creative again because I don't have training to share with you. Well, I'm going to keep running, next race is a 10 mile on November 21, but I won't share all my sweating with you, unless it's a funny story like getting chased by a duck or something equally ridiculous. I did get skinnier, but haven't taken measurements or checked my weight or any of that stufff, just gone by feeling in my clothes (and looking in the mirror).

No comments:

Post a Comment