Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Why Me?

Do you ever ask this question? Look at your life and say, "Why me? Why does everything happen to me?" I have been asking this for about a week now.

Why me? Why do I have plenty of food in my house when so many are going hungry? As I chose what to have for lunch today and had the choice of a sandwich;, ham, turkey, or peanut butter and jelly on bread, buns, tortillas or pita (I'm having a frito chili pie), and then set out hamburger for supper to have with noodles and have a choice of spaghetti noodles, egg noodles or elbow noodles. With it we will have cornbread or biscuits. Don't ask me about the 6 boxes of cereal on my fridge. Why do I still have my job in this time of recession, what makes me so special that during an economic downturn I get to remain employed with good health care benefits? I have my health, my family is healthy. Even my extended family of brothers & sisters, parents, in-laws, cousins and most of my aunts & uncles. Why me? Why do I have a husband who loves me and our children? He's faithful to God and he's faithful to me. Why do I have so many great friends that I trust and enjoy? What did I do to deserve teachers and counselors at the high school that work to help my kids. I got a call today from the Nate's baseball coach who told Nate's counselor and teacher he would call me and take care of an issue. It was potentially harmful to his gpa and would be extreme amounts of work, but the teacher and baseball coach worked out a solution that was better than I had prayed for. Why me? I have clean drinking water from a tap. I have a refridgerator to put my cereal on. I have more meds in my cupboard than some families will have in their whole lives.

It's not my day to list all the things I'm thankful for, but I'm so very thankful for the blessings in my life. (And for the chocolate cupcakes in the oven).

1 comment:

  1. I do, but I never ask the question in a context that results in the kind of answers you gave. Truly an inspiration to read what you have to say. It's like a gentle shift into wisdom without even realizing that's what is happening.

    ReplyDelete