Sunday, October 11, 2009

Week 19

SIX DAYS!!!

I'm excited and nervous. This week even with a busy week I crammed in every workout, including cross training and strength training. The weather has changed here in Kansas and that sent me indoors to the treadmill for a midweek training run, but we chose on Saturday to brave the wind and weather and run our 12 miles in the cold. We did have to stop and buy stocking caps and gloves at Kwikshop because it was colder than we thought. But we will need them all winter, because I can't wear my $40.00 leather gloves (a gift no less) to run in. Also, if I have to throw away my .99 cent gloves on a run because my hands get hot, I can justify that. Anyway, as cold as it was (36 degrees) and windy as it was (20 mph north winds) we made the decision to drive to our church (12.64 miles from home) and run home. We had to be back there Saturday night for church anyway. We dropped off some bottled water and drove to church. Locked the keys in the car, so there was no turning back. That was the plan. I would've wimped out had I ran from home and turned around at about miles and been done. My outer shins ached and I couldn't breathe well or find a rhythm for about 4 miles. But we crossed Rock Road heading to the bike path from 29th to 32nd, and as I sprinted to keep up with Steve crossing the busy street, I realized I finally felt good. Probably one of the best runs I've had in a while. I have done 4 weeks of running every run with Steve, and I have benefited greatly from that. Plus, when I run with him I don't run with my IPOD, but he sings, and that's even better.

Did I say marathon in 6 days? Where did the time go?

No comments:

Post a Comment