Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for all the things that have caused me frustration and discouragement recently.

1. Thankful for rebellious, making poor choices, living BAD lives kids. Because I have hope that they will turn it around and come back to what they know is right. I DID!
2. Thankful for a car defroster that takes forever to warm up. I had to scrape the inside of the car window this morning. But I have a car, with a defroster. And a scraper, and mittens.
3. Thankful for friends who have really great weeks on their diets when I have a bad one. And can outrun me and kick my tail in raquetball. I have friends. That are on the same diet plan and run with me and play raquetball with me. And text me and facebook me and email me to see how I'm doing on all these things. And will even sympathize with me and chastize me when necessary.
4. Thankful for my gray hair that I have to cover with Clairol. I have great hair, it's still thick and wavy (or straight if I want to use the flat iron) and the wiry gray that I have to cover is just a sign of life. I wouldn't get younger even if it was possible.
5. The nights that I can't sleep because it's extra time I read my Bible and pray and catch up on old episodes of the Beverly Hillbillies. (I tried to watch I Dream of Jeannie, but she was so pitifully jealous I couldn't stand her).
6. Pulling myself out of bed in the morning and struggling to wake up and get moving. Because I am still employed.
7. The new Star Trek movie is available on DVD. Because I’m a closet Trekkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment