Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Weekend in Review

It was so crazy, I just now realized it's over. Volleyball tournament was Saturday, Whitney's middle school team broke all kinds of school records this season. They were undefeated, won all city title by winning the tournament Saturday, first year ever the students beat the faculty in volleyball, and the faculty didn't give it to them, and best of all, all ten volleyball players were on honor roll so they had a special recognition of them at the honor roll breakfast. It was really cool. Two things I didn't like about the breakfast, the food wasn't great, and since I've gone back to weight watchers eating unhealthy food that is not good, not gonna do it, and I didn't have enough time to visit with the other moms.
Judgment House is over, so Steve is home a little more (YAY) I really missed him. Nate went to Manhattan for a base ball camp (Manhattan, Ks) his baseball fundraiser is over and his part time job is over for end of season, so he will have a little extra time until he finds another job, if he so decides.
I have realized that the holidays are looming right around the corner. I love some aspects of the holidays while others not so much. Unfortunately I have some relationships that will never be right this side of heaven, and while we all manage to get along and sweep junk under the rug, the junks there, and it does diminish the enjoyment of the season. My kids are all old enough Christmas shopping is hard (and expensive). Also have 6 close family birthdays to celebrate between now and the end of the year. Me and cake, now we get along waaaaaay to well.
Anyway, enough rambling, I have dishes and laundry to do before I try to get to church tonight. Everyone have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I'm winded now. I need a nap.

    I'll tell you the upside of Christmas in my family is that we're all older and gift giving is only a small part of it. Usually I buy for mom, dad and my niece, and it's just one item. Much easier that way.

    For us,it's more about the time together and the food!

    ReplyDelete