Tuesday, July 6, 2010

More Training

I often think I ought to make a reality show. My life? Truth is stranger than fiction. But my marathon training. It would be a hit. Tonight, for instance. Two mile run with Steve. We both had short ones. But yesterday I let him talk me into going to the Y with him and working out. So I did an elliptical. My quadriceps are killing me. They don't work that hard when I'm running. And the tricep dips and pull ups and push ups were okay (at the time). When we started running though...we are in front of the neighbors house and my muscles start screaming STOP THAT!!! at me. My biceps hurt with every step. Worse than that, my chest muscles are throbbing with every step. So I grab my boobs with my hands, pure instinct, and I'm running saying "ow, ow, ow, ow" with every step. Steve is laughing at me, and tells me he understands, his hurt too. So he grabs his pecs and says, "hey, this does help". Fortunately after a half mile the blood got to pumping good and I felt fine.
I have crossed over to the dark side. I started Steve's 50 mile training plan today, so I can be his pace runner after mile 43 of his 100 mile run. Not sure how many miles he will need company, but I plan to help him out. Fortunately I have a 26 mile training run the weekend of the Prairie Fire Marathon, so I will do a marathon as a training run. One of his original pace runners got into the New York City Marathon, which is the same weekend and the other one qualified for the Ironman Triathlon Championships in Clearwater, Florida the following weekend. Which is awesome for Jake and Kim. Very excited for both of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment