Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Wow - that's hot!

In church a couple weeks ago Mark was talking about men looking at women, as he tends to bring that up a lot. Steve commented that Mark picks on the men all the time and never picks on us women that way. I explained to Steve that women are not as visual as men. I see a handsome guy and I don't think, wow, he's hot, I want some of that. However, I drive by Krispy Kreme and say, wow, they're hot, I'm gonna get me some of that. It's an interesting thing to me that I am more likely to stumble in the area of over eating then just about any other area of my life. Let's not even make this spiritual and about gluttony (which I could). Let's make it greed and unhealthy. I love donuts. Quite possibly my favorite dessert. I recently read about a bicycle race I would love to enter, called the "Tour de Donut" It's a 21 mile race, 3 times around a 7 mile loop. At the beginning of each loop you get to eat as many donuts as you can. For every donut you eat they take 3 minutes off your time. Every winner has had a negative time. I find this hilarious. People train for it, the way cyclist and hot dog eaters would. Kind of makes me a little sick thinking about it, but again, it made me laugh.
Just made me think again, what's your poison? What makes you stumble. What makes you fall off your diet? What makes you fall off your exercise plan? Keeps you from your Bible? What causes you to not be kind? For me, it's everyday life. I just have to start over. Hopefully with donuts for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment