Thursday, July 15, 2010

My Favorite Men

You hear all the time about my husband and son, and they are definitely on this list. But I'm going to periodically introduce you to some of my other favorite men. Today, meet my nephew Brandon. One of my favorite people in the world. Smart as a whip. Can talk knowledgably about most subjects. Engineer's mind in a baseball players body with a bowling scholarship. He has spent the summer working out of town and I cannot tell you how much I miss this guy. He will be 20 next month and my life has been bettter because he has been a part of it. Things I love about Brandon:
1. He cried when he heard my voice as a baby for the first six months of his life. I spent one Christmas on the opposite end of the house not speaking for peace sake.
2. He loved my son from the moment he was born. He looked after Nate like the quintessential big brother, and still does.
3. His birthday is four days before Whitney's. They have shared every birthday party since she was born except one because of a funeral on his mom's side.
4. I used to make birthday pumpkin pie for him.
5. He makes me laugh.
6. He does not compromise for anyone at anytime for any reason. He is incredibly morally strong.
7. He has always sat and talked with me like he really liked me and enjoyed my company.

No comments:

Post a Comment