Sunday, February 20, 2011

Training Update

My favorite running songs

If You Leave - The Cure (phrase "I'll be running the other way")
Rock Me Amadeus - Falco (no explanation, just love this song...in German)
Separate Ways - Journey (great running beat)
All These Things That I've Done - Killers (from the sermon series "Running")
Turn Me Loose - Loverboy (first line "I was born to run")
Safety Dance - Men Without Hats ("we can dance if we want to" what's not to love?)
Sister Christian - Knightranger (the phrase "you're motoring" just really motivates me)

The Queen Block
I Want to Ride My Bicycle
Fat Bottomed Girls (REALLY??? Yep)
I Want it All

Eye of the Tiger - Survivor (because I feel like Rocky, may even take a few shadow boxing punches while I run)

The Tears for Fears block, (because I loved them in my teen formative years)
Everybody Wants to Rule the World
Head Over Heels
Shout

21 Guns - Green Day (and yes, I know it's anti-war, but when I heard it, it spoke to me about my spiritual life and still does).

And the U2 block, because I love pretty much all things U2
With or Without You
Where the Streets Have No Name
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
The Sweetest Thing
One
I Will Follow
(AND MANY OTHERS)

This is my secular playlist, heavily influenced by the 80's when I was a teenager/early adult. I have a very long running playlist because I run for a very long time, that I don't mess with, because it works. There are more songs on this playlist, but these are my favorites. I have another one, it's my Christian/worship music playlist. I can't combine the two, because I'm afraid my head might explode going back and forth. I pick based on my mood, and someday I'll share the Christian one as well. Sometimes I run without music, and enjoy nature and time with God and my thoughts. But sometimes, I need the pounding beat to match my pounding blood.

What motivates you?

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this! I need some ideas for running songs - and we have very similar tastes in music. Love the 80s music! The German Rock Me Amadeus - yes!!
    I usually listen to country; Chris LeDoux Greatest Hits; and Tim McGraw Greatest Hits albums. My husband has what I call head banger music on his list - Joe Satriani, , Nickelback are two of his that I remember. But I can't run to that "noise".
    I have caught myself dancing or drumming at times to the music as I run. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jules - feel free to share any you come up with. I love Nickelback, but it hasn't made it to the running playlist...yet.

    ReplyDelete