Friday, January 10, 2014

My Reality

I'm doing a Bible study with my friend Rebecca. She lives in Cali. We are watching the video on line, doing the work book and then we have a skype date to talk about it. I watched the first video, and I really have a lot to think about.

Making your theology (what you believe about the Bible) your reality.

It took a minute to catch up to me, but I started making a list of things I believe in the Bible. My theology. I can back them up with Scripture. And then I crossed checked that to my reality. They don't match. So I'm going to work on making my walk match my talk match what I believe. What I BELIEVE. Not what someone else says, blogs, or thinks. I'm going to be honest, please don't think I'm wallowing in self pity or worse yet, suicidal, these are just thoughts I've had that I need to not have ever again.

A few examples from my long list:

Theology Reality

I am loved. I'm not. I'm easy to live without. I'm easy to leave. When you hear you aren't
loved those words stick. Hurt more than any others.

I can do all things through Christ I'm not capable of much. I'm mediocre, average.

I am his handiwork I may be the only person on the planet God didn't get right (this one is extreme,
doesn't happen often but it has crossed my mind.)

I am a conqueror I am a victim. I have no control, life just happens to me. (Another one I don't
live with all the time, but I have my moments).

These four, just four, are more honest then I want to be. I'm going to add to the list of my theology and work at making it my reality.




No comments:

Post a Comment