Sunday, January 26, 2014

Injuries

I have had a flare up of plantar fasciitis. One of these days I'll realize I have to stop running for good. I haven't yet.

But I am not running for a couple of weeks minimum while I try to let it heal. I'll be back to elliptical and aqua jogging until then.

I'm dropping my April marathon. I have to get well, cause I have plans to run the Niagara Falls International Marathon in October. That really gives me until June when I'd have to start a training plan, so we'll see how it goes. Staying off of it. On the plus side, my knee is completely pain free. Six months from surgery and it's so cool to have it not hurt.

Work has been nuts since January 2 when I went back after the Christmas break. I'm on an airplane to LA tomorrow morning to sit on site at a supplier and make sure my parts are their top priority for a week. This is not a vacation, it will be 10 hours a day in an unfamiliar office without my work friends (will miss you Stella, Misty, Aimee, Erin).

But I get to travel in style, direct flight to LA, (I have a layover on the way home, though), nice hotel in nice area because I'm traveling alone, big rental car because it's LA traffic, mobile hotspot so I'm my own internet, and they moved me to an airport hotel Thursday night so I don't have to drive through traffic to catch my 8:00 a.m. flight. We have an awesome department secretary.

I'll be back "Dropping Gems" as Whitney would say or "spitting mad truth" as Nate would say, soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment