Saturday, February 1, 2014

Wichita vs. LA

Wichita > Steve (my heart) is here
Wichita > I know where every Starbucks is
Wichita > I don't have to look for safe areas of town by Googling "Barnes & Noble" (this works every time).
Wichita > 20 minute commute ANYWHERE
Wichita > it's legal to talk on your cell phone and drive

LA > 70 degree weather every day
LA > Nordstrom's, Macy's, Daisy Shoppe
LA > Beach (even on a drizzly 61 degree afternoon I loved Venice Beach)
LA > Mountains (didn't get to go, but could see them on my many drives around the LA area)
LA > it's illegal to talk on your cell phone and drive

Like Boston, people in LA were fascinated to find out I was from Kansas. It was kind of an oddity. I was also "more fashionable" then they thought I would be. I guess they expected gingham and a bonnet.

I had an exhausting week, visited 4 suppliers multiple times, logged onto my computer at every meal and for a couple hours at the hotel every night. I really should be at work today, but I decided I wouldn't really be productive, I'm so tired. So I went to work out, and I was so tired everything was difficult, but well worth it and then Steve took me to breakfast at IHOP.

YAY FOR BEING HOME

The biggest negative? Not enough time to shop or money to buy everything I wanted. Daisy Shoppe - would've bought one of everything and totally revamped my wardrobe.

Macy's, not one of everything, but...

Love Love Love DSW store.

But mostly? Would've loved to run that path by Venice Beach. Every day.

From 71 degrees to 22 and freezing ice. I love Kansas too.

No comments:

Post a Comment