Thursday, February 13, 2014

So you will know there is a God

There is a verse in 1 Samuel, 17:46, that has one phrase that I love and take out of context, but I think when I explain this, you'll think I'm okay. "So they will know that there is a God in Israel". I like to pray this. Sure, it's for stuff that helps me out, usually, but I'm always careful to tell people that there is a God who answers my prayers when I pray this.

I had 4 very large airplane parts get delivered to our warehouse, had the paperwork, proof of delivery, but they were never received in. I had everyone looking for them. They've been missing since January 30. I was told yesterday to just issue them out as lost and pay for them. That's not my biggest issue, then I'm shorting the shop for the next 3 months till we can catch back up. This will not be pleasant for me.

I head over to the shop today for a meeting, (for a frame of reference, it's a half mile walk to the shop) listening to my new favorite song, "You Won't Let Go" Michael W. Smith and these lyrics "no raging storm can ever defy one word of faith". And like God always has done to me, I know when I pray with faith he hears. And I did. I prayed that God would let me find my parts.

I walk the building. Up and down, nooks and crannies. Lots of help from guys on the shop floor. I look for half an hour, no luck. So I head back to my desk and on the way I sing those words to myself again and I pray that I don't have to be the one to find them, but would God make them show up?

I sit down at my desk to the 40 new e-mails (which is about right for 45 minutes) and I get through about 5 of them and one tells me I need to get them new paperwork for my four parts. They found them. After I prayed.

I told everyone who would listen. Even the supplier.

So they will know their is a God, and he is at work, and he cares about whatever his children care about.


No comments:

Post a Comment