Wednesday, January 8, 2014

One little shift


Tonight, I'm sitting on the couch watching the shockers basketball game and it's pretty enjoyable. I was doing laundry, but Belle got in the way so I put that up.

It's been a brutal week. I went back to work after two weeks off and all my suppliers lost their minds and just quit building parts. Or so it seems. Which is odd considering they don't send me parts they don't get paid. And if they don't send them on time, I charge them. So I know they don't want to make my life difficult. But they are.

I've been working 50 - 55 hours a week since June and I get tired. I still make it to my workouts, but it's killing my running schedule.

I come home and don't get a lot done. I work Saturdays and that impacts my getting chores done also.

I reminded myself today of how grateful I am to have this job. The income, the insurance, the benefits. I have to remember the good when it gets rough.

Sheila sent me an excerpt from her devotional today, on a totally different subject, but this phrase stuck out to me "I believe this one little shift in our thinking can make us feel empowered, instead of feeling denied."

One little shift. Gratitude for the job, and even the extra hours, because with that comes extra money and my boss knows how hard I'm working to get everything done, with our work force cut by 33%. One little shift, I have a home and food and clothes to have chores to do.

These are not revolutionary thoughts. People have been saying this for years. Sometimes it's nice to have a reminder.

Shift your thinking to one of gratitude. Of what I'm getting, not what I'm giving up. Of blessing from the sacrifice, and the remembering that sacrifice is not always bad.

And the thankfulness that my job has never been this crazy when my kids were little.



No comments:

Post a Comment