Sunday, June 29, 2014

In my corner

Five miles tonight liked to have killed me. It was hot and humid and I'm struggling with getting back in shape. I had 4 tough workouts with Marquis this week. Another 5 tough weight workouts with Steve. Trying to get back everything I lost through a year of plantar fasciitis, knee surgery, and too much work.

I took Belle to the dog park. Cutest boy ever talked to Belle by name and asked me if I was Whitney's mom. Belle and his dog Dixie, his hunting dog, and she is beautiful apparently are best friends. (If I was a 17 year old girl, I'd be at the dog park every night - wait, Whitney is at the dog park every night she's not working...)

Went back to church at Riverlawn. Have been going back to Newspring. Just never feel settled in anywhere right now. Quite possibly the best sermon I've ever heard about God being good all the time, even in the midst of our worst trials, struggles and our sin. He's always there, he never leaves, and yes, he does work it for our God. Nothing happens outside the filter of his love for us. Much more in depth than this, it was the youth pastor, and it was awesome.

Sounds like I had a pretty laid back week, but that's not true. It was busy and fun, just normal life.

I can't believe the year is half over. It's the end of June. I am just amazed at how quickly time passes.





No comments:

Post a Comment