Thursday, June 12, 2014

Milestones

I missed one. Milestones are important to me. AND I MISSED ONE!

Sunday, with my post about NFIM was my 1000th post. And I didn't even know it. I wasn't saving it for something special, and I don't intend to have a party, but I really wish I would've realized that.

I'm full of words. Lots of things to say. I live in a house of quiet people. God's sense of humor, I guess.

Or maybe it's just a wife/mother's life. I love my family. They are the most important people in my world. I want to know what they are doing, how their day went, all about their friends, their jobs, their dreams, their classes, etc.

My family comes home and shuts down. Zones out. Especially my offspring. College age, they are consumed with their lives, school, friends, jobs. And all their talking is with friends. I'm here to bail them out of trouble, loan give them money, cook food, see the movie when everyone is out of town, get pedicures with (cause I pay for them), etc.

But I'm not the laugh and visit and hang out with. And I realize that would be odd.

I love the stage of life Steve and I are in. We are closer than we have ever been (funny how that happened when the kids grew up), we have more money, more freedom, and lots of fun. But ever once in a while, I miss the days of little kids. I miss being the center of their world. I miss being able to fix owwies with a kiss and hug. But I get over it really quick.

Milestones.

So many passed, so many yet to come.

1000 posts. Some I'm proud of, some I can't believe came out of my head/heart, and some I can't believe I subjected you all too.

But my memories of races, and training, and life events? I get to read over them. And I really like that.

I think it's important to measure them. Celebrate life, the big things, of course, but also the small things.

No comments:

Post a Comment