Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I have learned

1. My Spiritual gift may be sarcasm.
2. Solomon knew what he was talking about.  Read Proverbs, in the Message version or New Contemporary Version.  Wise man.  And funny.
3. My love language is cupcakes.  I read this in the Gary Smalley book.  I read it between the lines, but I’m sure it’s cupcakes.
4. Wearing your hairpins too tight will give you a headache.  I would rather my hair look bad than have a headache.  This is surprising, because I always considered myself a fairly vain person with a high tolerance for pain in the name of beauty.  (If you have never plucked, waxed, had your hair highlighted or cut yourself shaving, you don’t know what I’m talking about).  Imagine my shock to learn that this tolerance for pain in the quest for beauty translates to beauty treatments, high heeled footwear and set in waist bands, but not hairstyles. 
5. Popcorn is not a dessert.  It cannot replace a dessert.  Unless you pour a bag of M&M’s into the bowl of popcorn.
6. My husband killing a snake in my backyard did not make me get all gooey thinking about how he was protecting his family.  It freaked me out that there was a snake 20 feet from my patio door.  Even lying in bed last night next to my mighty warrior (okay, he ran over it with the riding lawn mower), I was petrified that a snake might somehow make it into my house.  I will probably die of a snake induced heart attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment