Sunday, May 31, 2009

Twenty-six point two

I am training for a marathon! Tomorrow is Day 1 of marathon training. (Saturday June 6 is half marathon day). I am going to be running all summer, hopefully running the last 3 points of my BMI off. Anyway, I'm going to dedicate Sunday posts to training, so if you are interested in my training, you can keep up with me on Sundays. If you think I'm insane (and many people do) you can ignore Sunday posts. I just need an outlet for sharing things like wrecking my bike and having a bruise that is the shape (and size) of Louisiana on my right calf. Getting to watch a baby bird learn to fly on a trail run. Sharing pictures of my blisters. And if any of my gentle readers are also runners, cyclist or like to pump iron, I'm always looking for tips and tricks to make my workouts more effective. Right now, M Day is October 17 in Kansas City. But I'm considering a trail marathon August 29 in Seattle at the Redmond Watershed Preserve, so the pressure to be ready 6 weeks earlier is on. I think maybe I should post a full body shot as a before and then October 18 post an after and see if 560 miles this summer takes any inches off.
Week 1 training plan a is 3.5 mile run, 5 mile run, 35 minute bicycle ride, the half marathon on Saturday, and two days of strength training. So check back in next Sunday and see how I did.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word. I'm exhausted just reading what you are going to do this week. You inspire me. You'll do it, and you'll do it great! Glad you are keeping us posted; I'll look forward to hearing all about everything!

    ReplyDelete